PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a popular programming language. This language is used to create dynamic websites that interacts with databases. This will be a long series of post to guide the beginners to help in the learning process of PHP.
Features of PHP
PHP is built for Web. It’s a server side scripting language.Though various languages can be used for server side scripting , PHP is always the best choice.
PHP can be easily embedded with HTML. We can create dynamic , database driven websites.
PHP supports various database types like MySQL, Oracle , PostgreSQL etc.
PHP is very fast ! In recent versions of PHP like PHP7.0 it shows very good performance.
Why you should learn PHP ?
- Most of the website are built with PHP.
- Learning PHP is easy . It has C/C++ like syntax.
- PHP has a huge community. You can get help from others from a site like StackOverflow.
- A lot of PHP jobs are available. There should be constant demand for PHP developers. PHP programmers are highly paid.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS will be very helpful
- Knowledge about various database will be helpful.
- You don’t need to learn C/C++ or Java for learning PHP. If you learned any of these programming languages , learning PHP will be very easy for you.